SUMMARY – A NEW R1.6 BILLION CLUB MED BEACH RESORT SET TO GRACE KWAZULU-NATAL’S NORTH COAST, LED BY FOSUN AND OFFERING A WEALTH OF AMENITIES, WITH COMPLETION EXPECTED IN 2026. THIS DEVELOPMENT AIMS TO CATER TO FAMILIES, COUPLES, AND CONFERENCE GROUPS, PROMISING A SIGNIFICANT BOOST TO THE LOCAL ECONOMY THROUGH JOB CREATION.
Club Med, a renowned international beach resort chain boasting 70 facilities worldwide, is set to make waves in Kwazulu-Natal’s North Coast.
Hong Kong-based Fosun will spearhead the resort’s operation, emerging as the majority shareholder. Joining them are local companies: Royal Shaka Property Group, GFS Holdings, and Collins Residential, forming a formidable consortium.
Amenities at Club Med Tinley Manor
- 342 Four-Star Resort Hotel Rooms
- 64 Five-Star Suites
- Self-Catering Timeshare Resort Units
- Fractional Ownership Villas
- Convention Centre & Wedding Venue
- Scenic Outdoor Events Area
- Relaxing Communal Pool
- Enchanting Water Features
- Pampering Club Med Spa
- Delectable Gourmet Restaurant
- Exciting Sports Facilities
- Fun-Filled Kids Club
- Vibrant Niche Retail, Entertainment, and Cultural Centre
- Convenient 20-minute Drive to King Shaka International Airport
- Sprawling 30-hectare Site North of Tinley Manor
A Look ahead
Royal Shaka Property Group, the driving force behind this project, envisions the resort as a haven for families, couples, and conference groups. Their insights reveal that half of Club Med’s clientele, mostly families, revisits every three years.
Upon completion, the resort is expected to create a significant economic impact. It will sustain 530 direct jobs and support 1,500 indirect employment opportunities. The construction phase will generate 1,000 job opportunities, contributing to the region’s prosperity.
Although not officially announced, sources suggest that the project’s completion date is targeted for 2026, promising a bright future for the North Coast of Kwazulu-Natal.