Source: Africa Wealth Report 2023 by Henley & Partners
SUMMARY – UNVEIL AFRICA’S TOP LUXURY HOTELS AND SAFARI LODGES THROUGH HENLEY & PARTNERS’ AFRICA WEALTH REPORT 2023. EXPERIENCE GLOBAL MOBILITY GUIDANCE FOR AFFLUENT INDIVIDUALS FROM HENLEY & PARTNERS.
Africa’s enchanting landscapes and rich cultural tapestry have beckoned high-net-worth individuals seeking exclusivity, adventure, and opulence. The Africa Wealth Report 2023, a publication by Henley & Partners, presents a captivating insight into Africa’s luxury tourism, spotlighting prime destinations, luxury hotels, and sought-after safari lodges.
A Haven of Luxury: Africa’s Top Hotels
Here is the list of Africa’s top luxury hotels:
- The Oyster Box, South Africa: Poised on the Umhlanga beachfront with sweeping Indian Ocean views, The Oyster Box is an embodiment of timeless luxury. Its storied history, dating back to the 1950s, underwent a spectacular transformation by Red Carnation Hotels in 2007, making it a pinnacle of indulgence.
- Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt: Nestled along the Red Sea’s pristine shores, this resort’s access to a protected marine reserve makes it a haven for snorkeling and diving aficionados. Its world-class opulence, spacious accommodations, and diverse culinary offerings promise an unparalleled retreat.
- Ellerman House, South Africa: Tucked away in Cape Town’s Bantry Bay, Ellerman House offers an intimate sanctuary with panoramic Atlantic Ocean vistas. With just 13 rooms, this boutique gem ensures seclusion and tranquility, earning it a reputation as a magnet for the elite.
- Royal Livingstone, Zambia: Under the care of Anantara, this riverside escape graces the Zambezi River’s banks, affording uninterrupted views of the majestic Victoria Falls. A seamless blend of luxury and nature awaits guests, along with unique river safari experiences.
- Royal Mansour, Morocco: Nestled in the heart of Marrakech, the Royal Mansour, a creation of King Mohammed VI, features 53 private riads cocooned within five hectares of Moorish gardens. Its exceptional design and a spa with a one-of-a-kind birdcage-style atrium position it among the world’s finest.
A Safari Haven: Luxurious African Lodges
Here is the list of Africa’s top safari lodges:
- Singita Ebony Lodge, South Africa: Situated within the renowned Sabi Sands area, this lodge marries luxury and wildlife seamlessly. Its exclusive suites provide stunning views of the bushveld, and guided game drives offer unparalleled encounters with the Big Five.
- Singita Sabora Tented Camp, Tanzania: Set amidst the vastness of the Serengeti, this tented camp delivers an immersive experience. Lavish tents exude colonial charm, and game drives present the spectacle of the annual wildebeest migration.
- Londolozi, South Africa: A pioneer in luxury safaris, Londolozi offers a captivating blend of nature and elegance. With prime leopard-viewing opportunities and wellness retreats, it redefines the safari experience.
- One&Only Nyungwe House, Rwanda: Perched on the edge of Nyungwe Forest National Park, this lodge offers a refined escape. Guests can indulge in primate treks and enjoy breathtaking views of the forest canopy from their private decks.
- Sanctuary Chief’s Camp, Botswana: Located in the heart of the Okavango Delta, this camp encapsulates the essence of luxury safari. Game drives and mokoro (canoe) safaris immerse guests in the delta’s diverse ecosystem.
- Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp, Uganda: Nestled within Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, this camp offers an exclusive gorilla trekking experience. Luxury tents provide comfort after an exhilarating encounter with mountain gorillas.
- Cottars 1920s Camp, Kenya: This camp takes travelers back in time to the golden era of safaris. Vintage-inspired tents, guided walks, and scenic flights over the Masai Mara promise an authentic adventure.
- Xigera Safari Lodge, Botswana: Situated in the heart of the Okavango Delta, Xigera celebrates the surrounding wetlands. Mokoro trips, game drives, and water-based experiences provide insight into this pristine ecosystem.
- Wilderness Damaraland Camp, Namibia: Nestled within the rugged Damaraland, this camp offers eco-friendly luxury. Unique desert-adapted wildlife and guided explorations of ancient rock art sites await.
- &Beyond Bateleur Camp, Kenya: Set within the Masai Mara, this camp embodies classic safari elegance. Exclusive game drives and guided walks offer glimpses into the world of the Mara’s diverse wildlife.
About Henley & Partners
Henley & Partners, the authoritative voice on residence and citizenship planning, has been instrumental in guiding high-net-worth individuals in their pursuit of global mobility. Through publications like the Africa Wealth Report, the organization sheds light on the intersection of affluence, travel, and exclusivity, enabling individuals to navigate a world of luxury with confidence.